hit counters

24 September 2009

good hair

| |

this is a topic that's been rattling around in my brain for a minute so i thought i'd throw it up here and let you guys weigh in.

anyone who knows me personally knows about my lifelong struggle with my hair. (and my lifelong struggle with men, come to think of it). i often attempt to beat my hair into submission but the reality is that i have big, wild, curly hair that is happiest when it's free to do its own thing. the older i get, the more i don't mind letting it, but the reality is that hair like mine comes with a lot of stuff.

there's a lot of talk around the internets about society's perceptions of black women with natural hair and if you're interested you can google it til your head explodes to your heart's content. one interesting thing i've been reading about lately is how men supposedly perceive a black woman with natural hair. i read this article the other day that mentioned a woman who chemically treated her long natural hair because she's an idiot wasn't getting attention from men. there are also assloads of videos on youtube talking about the fact that women with 'highly textured' hair either do not get approached by men, or are only approached by two types of men - the 'dwele' and the non-black man.

for once in my life, i actually don't have a tonne to say on the topic. i can only recall one man approaching me with my big curly mop and he wasn't black; but i also don't get approached very often no matter what my hair looks like. my male friends and acquaintances will often compliment me when my hair is straight but rarely have anything to say when it's curly; but that could be the novelty factor more than anything else.

so tell me what you think men, which of these looks do you prefer?
 


or these?
 
 source


Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics