hit counters

4 September 2009

what's your number?

| |

Over at The Fly Guy Chronicles reading this post got me thinking about numbers...not telephone numbers (because realistically, who needs those anymore?) but the 'magic' number - how many sexual partners we've had. Probably one of the most influential pieces of information we share with a new love interest, the 'number' conveys a multitude of things about us....or does it?

I think this is one of the rare instances in which men are more arbitrary than women. Men seem to live and die by the number (or their perception of what the number is). Too high and she gets relegated to jump-off status, too low and...well, I'm not sure there is such a thing as too low in a man's book. Men seem to get off on the idea of being the conqueror and the trailblazer. Tell a man he's the first one to do ___ to you and watch his eyes light up like Christmas.  Women, on the other hand, seem to use the number as an indication of the man's trustworthiness - the more he's been around the more likely he is to run around.

Now although I know it's a bad sign, I don't remember tell my number. Nor do I ask or encourage a man to tell me his. It's not even a matter of principle for me, it's not something that i ever think of...to me it's completely irrelevant and none of my business. But i have a feeling that this is one of those issues on which my thinking completely differs from everyone else's...

So c'mon tell me, what do you think?

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics