hit counters

2 September 2009

PSA's for men and women

| |


at this point i'm not sure who i've roughed up more on this blog - the women or the men - but today's post is equal-opportunity education. because you both do things that irritate me.
isn't it a lucky thing that i have a blog where i can bash educate you?



so here we go - my psa's of the day - the male and female edition:


Male PSA of the Day - you don't need to solve our problems.
oh, men. i know that you are solution-oriented. i know that it's your genetic imperative to fix things. and that when you care about a woman you want to be her knight in shining armour. but sometimes, we need you to just listen. sometimes, all we want is a sympathetic ear that will make soothing noises and tell us we're completely right going to be okay. when one of our girls makes a catty remark that hurts our feelings, we don't tell you so that you'll give us a script to use to tell her about her parts; we tell you so that you will say, 'i'm sorry. that sucks.' just like said girlfriend would if she wasn't on our shit list at the moment. when you jump in with 'what you need to do is tell her to mind her fucking business...[or whatever else you think it is we need to do]' all you do is irritate us and make us defensive. and a defensive woman who had a bad day is not anyone's idea of a good time, is it?


Female PSA of the Day - men are not mind-readers
i read this over in darling nicky's world today: "In that moment, indulge my miser, and anticipate my every need. Don't wait 'till I say 'I need a drink'. Have one waiting for me when I get home. Don't wait 'till I ask to have my shoulders rubbed. Lay me down...and do your best to massage my troubles away". 
ladies, i get it. it's our dream to have a man who knows what we want - and gives it to us - without us having to ask for it. but if you have any sense at all you should know that men are wired differently than we are. what they want after a bad day is head different than what we want. they don't deal in the realms of soft lighting, glasses of wine, and gentle massages. so why the fuck we expect them to intuit that that's what we want - and get angry or disappointed when they don't spontaneously provide it - is beyond me. please just make everyone's life easier and ask for what you want. it seriously ups your chances of getting it. and if you ask him and he doesn't give it to you, then he's the asshole and you're the victim. and isn't that what we all want?

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics