hit counters

30 April 2010

Hush Mama

| |

Like most days, I spent a good amount of yesterday over at SingleBlackMale.org. And like most days, a little bit of bacchanal popped off. Like most days, my blogging boy Dr Jay Jack dropped the real talk on the ladies and a couple got a little upset. Like most days, what the ladies were upset about had very little to do with what Dr Jay Jack said.

Sidebar: no disrespect is intended by not linking to the post or the comments. I have another post planned where I dissect in more detail and I don't want your little heads distracted by that right now.

Anyway. This whole ladies getting riled up over basically nothing is as common a phenomenon in real life as it is on SBM. And if I were a man writing about this, a whole lot of ladies would be getting riled up at me for saying that. But the fact of the matter is, women love to start sh*t with men. We like to fight you and do you want to know why? So you can win.

Yeah - I said it. Deep down, a woman just wants a man who can put her in her place. This doesn't mean that we want a man to be abusive, dismissive, or mean, but we do want a man who knows when to bring out the "hush mama".  The hush mama (© emti) is when a man tells a woman in no uncertain terms to settle herself. And it is a beautiful thing.  I used to have a man who warned me that I was about to "fly past my nest" on the rare occasions that I was getting rowdy. It was so hot.

Of course there are a lot of men who don't know how to do this properly and that creates all types of problems. But there is a time and a place for the hush mama. Sometimes women act up because they want attention or because they've misunderstood something. Sometimes we get in a tizz over things that even we recognize are meaningless, but we've started and we can't back down now. And in these types of situations, there is nothing sexier than a hush mama.

You don't have to say "hush mama". You could say "calm yourself" or "sit down" or "don't fly past your nest". There are any number of ways you can tell your girl to settle down in a way that results in her being turned on rather than losing her shit. It's all about the circumstances and the delivery.

But let me say it again: a man who knows how to put me in my place is a fucking sexy man. 

Now if you've read my blog enough you know I'm not a spazzy kind of girl. I don't yell, nag, or forbid. But I am a hyper girl, a nervous girl, and a man who knows how to distinguish between legitimate anxiety and a dramatic moment and will shut it down has the potential to be Mr. Fab.

Ladies, I'm dying to hear what you think because I bet you don't know you agree with me. Can you see the appeal of a man who knows how and when to tell you to hush? And men - if you think you've mastered the hush mama, give me a call sometime let me know.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics