hit counters

29 July 2010

Top 10 Songs You Don't Know

| |

Those of you who know me in real life know that I walk pretty much everywhere I go; therefore my iPod is my constant companion and very best friend. It's filled to capacity with songs for every occasion...from songs that relieve my streetcar irritation (Mobb Deep - Drink Away the Pain) to songs that um, get my motor running (Glenn Lewis - Storm) to songs that soothe my frequent headaches (Foreign Exchange - Daykeeper). It's also filled with some pretty obscure shit that I feel like no one else has ever heard of.

For some strange reason, it saddens me that the songs that give me the most pleasure seem to not have penetrated the consciousness of anyone else I know so I thought I'd share some of them with you in the hopes that you will either reassure me that someone else knows them or that you will come to love them as I do.

So without further ado (because I'm posting this on my iPhone and it's labour-intensive as hell) I give you 10 Songs I Love That You Probably Don't Know:

1. Yeo - Cam'ron

I discovered this on a compilation called Music Inspired by Scarface or something like that. In my humble opinion, it's by far the best song Cam'ron ever made.

2. Extortion - Mobb Deep feat. Method Man

I effing love this song. Meth at his greatest as far as I'm concerned. And you guys know I love me some Mobb Deep.

3. Break Ups 2 Make Ups - Method Man feat. D'Angelo

I'm not the hugest Method Man fan, but I do often find his lyrics hilarious and this is a good example of that. D'Angelo warbles unintelligibly in the chorus as usual.

4. Young G's - Puff Daddy feat. Jay-Z and Biggie

This is everything you'd want a song by these three to be.

5. Ghost - Rick Vocals & Champions - Dame Dash

These are both from the soundtrack of Paid in Full. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on earth who ever bought that. Plus Champions features vintage Kanye.

6. Cold World - GZA & Winter Warz - Ghostface feat. just about everyone

Two of my favorite songs ever...but no one ever talks about them.

7. Fulton Street - Leshea

Remember that song So Good by Davina? This song is dope in the same way that one is.

8. Blaow - Frank n Dank

I was including this as a nod to Canadian content...but since Frank and Drank are both yanks (hahaha) I'm not sure it qualifies. Either way this is a great song.

9. She Was - Big Black Lincoln

Okay this is CanCon for real. If you don't love this song, listen to it again. If you don't own Heavens Caught on Fire you're missing out.

10. 1, 2, Pass It - D&D All-Stars

This is a big tune. That's all.

Oh wait - I forgot one! Kiss of Death - Jadakiss. He has two songs called Kiss of Death, don't ask me why. But the one I'm talking about is from Rough Riders Vol. I. Great song that no one else seems to know.

So that's my list. Any of you know or love these songs? What songs do you love that everyone else sleeps on? School us in the comments.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics