hit counters

17 May 2010

Fall for Your Type

| |

If you asked me to articulate what my type is, I probably wouldn't be able to do it.  At one time I would have said that tall men are my type, but after 3 relationships with 6'5"+ types, I'm off that. As you are well aware, I have a major thing for well-spoken types, but none of the men I've loved have been particularly articulate. And while manners are a huge thing for me, most of the men I've been with have been agonizingly discourteous.

Instead I seem to have a weakness for difficult men. Life-smart, rather than book-smart men. Men with encyclopedic knowledge of hip hop. Athletes or former athletes. Dapper men. Funny men. Leos. Intimidating men. Captain of the Football-team types (this is max-talk for uber-cool, highly sought-after, pussy falling out of his pocket types). This is the the type of man I usually fall for. Unfortunately, these dudes also tend to be conversation-averse. Trust-phobic. Selfish. Discourteous. Mind-fuckers and general assholes.

Such is life I guess. 

My friends are continually urging me to expand my horizons and date beyond my type. It's a good strategy, I'm sure, but I haven't had much success with it. There might be men out there who are more appropriate for a weirdo woman like me, but they just don't have the za za zu. And what's dating without that?

What about you guys? Do you have a type that you repeatedly fall for? Is it the right type for you? Share with me in the comments. 

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics