hit counters

28 May 2010

Good F*cking Morning

| |

Shout-out to @HoneyMatthews for suggesting this post.

For years I have bemoaned the fact that I had never had morning sex. Especially considering I spent three years in a living hell cohabiting with a dude. Then I had it and I was like, is that all there is? Not that the sex was bad - you guys know I don't think there's such a thing as bad sex - but I just didn't see how it was any better than night time sex. Except that my little brain was working overtime thinking about how soon I had to be at work. Then there was the added injury of having to endure a sleepover in order to get said morning sex; and you guys remember how I feel about sleepovers, don't you?

Anyway, after that encounter I crossed morning sex off my list and proceeded to live my life with no intention of revisiting it. But it nagged me; how could I, a true devotee of the pipe and the ultimate morning person, not enjoy morning pipe? It just seemed wrong. I knew I must be missing something. So I did my usual Twitterpoll to find out if anyone had anything interesting to say about morning sex. They didn't. Then I hit the #2 most reliable source of information and found out all kinds of interesting things about morning sex.

Such as:

1. People who start their days by having sex are all-around healthier and happier than those who don't.
Apparently morning sex releases oxytocin, which makes couples feel loving and bonded all day long. And apparently that's a good thing.

2. A man's body is hardwired to want sex first thing in the morning
This explains the phenomenon of morning wood. Evidently while your man is snoring like a band saw and sucking up all the oxygen in the room sleeping, he is accumulating the testosterone he will use for the next day. From the time he wakes up, he has a three-hour window when he's brimming with peak levels of it. So I guess this means the morning boner is the best boner and it would be wasteful not to get on it.

And my personal favourite:

3. According to scientists at the University of Pennsylvania, a man's musky underarm odor is a proven libido booster.
Therfore snuggling up to your man as soon as you wake up will get your motor running extra hard as a result of his natural funk scent. This actually makes a lot of sense to me.
(Source for all) 

Kinda makes me want to give it another go. As soon as I figure out how to bifurcate sleepovers and morning sex that is...

But what do you guys think of morning sex? Is it any different or better than sex at any other time of the day? Am I missing something? Educate me!


Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics