hit counters

5 May 2010

Not Such a Proper Young Lady

| |

Some tidbits about me:

Among my favourite songs (click title to read the lyrics):
Wildflower - Ghostface Killah
Stapleton Sex - Ghostface Killah
Oochie Wally - QB's Finest
Big Booty Hoes - Notorious B.I.G. & Too $hort

Among my favourite words:
cock
cunt
fuckery
pussy
basically every dirty word known to man (©emti)

Among my favourite movies:

It may surprise you to know that I was raised to be a proper young lady. At thirteen I was being taught how to walk in heels (with books on my head), how to sit properly, how to apply makeup and tweeze my brows. I was never supposed to be seen in public not dressed "properly" or with my hair not "properly" done. If I were to smoke (which a proper young lady should never do) I was to never, ever allow someone to take a picture of me with a cigarette in my hand because that is the epitome of unladylike. I learned that it's not ladylike to curse, raise your voice, or remove your shoes in public.

Yeah so um, if you've been on this blog even once before I'm sure you know how most of that turned out. With the exception of my fierce stiletto walk and aversion to people being barefoot in public, most of my ladylike training went out the window a long time ago. Though sometimes shy, I can be brash, bold, abrasive, loud, and downright raunchy when I'm ready. In a nutshell, I like dirty words, dirty songs, and dirty boys.

I have always considered my perpetually single status to be completely incidental to my unladylike personality. But lately I've been wondering whether the two might be connected. On the one hand, I've seen many times a man's eyes light up when he hears me say something like 'that's a lot of work for some pussy'. And lord knows my male friends love to hear me tell them 'you gotta learn how to treat a ho like a ho!' not that they ever listen. It is an indisputable fact of life that real men delight in my special brand of bold raunchiness.

It is also a fact though that these men are not trying to date me. And it's also a fact that the women they are trying to date are not raunchy like me.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not without behaviour. I know that there is a time and a place for this kind of talk and I can squelch it and do the 'proper Christian lady' routine when required; but it's not me and I don't do it unless I have to. But I'm wondering if my idea of  'when I have to' might be a little off.  I know enough to leave raunchy max at home when I'm meeting my man's mother for the first time, but should I leave her home when I meet him? When I meet his friends? For the duration of our relationship?  If I want to be a wifey do I have to first be a lady?

The older I get the more I think that what my mother and aunties taught me as a teen was the right idea. I think that being bold, outspoken, and dirty will gain you many male friends but not a husband. Not that I'm in any way looking for that.  But just like I'm starting to think that crazy gets the guy, I'm starting to also believe that lady gets the guy.

As always ladies and gentlemen, I want to hear your thoughts. You guys have been extra quiet lately and it's hurting my feelings. So tell me ladies, is being ladylike important to you? Do you strive to appear ladylike with a prospective date even if it's not your true nature? Do you let a man see your rough side? Men - is being ladylike an important quality in a prospective wifey? A prospective beat? Ooops - a proper young lady wouldn't refer to a woman as a beat, would she? Anyway - educate me people. 

Oh and Sam Sharpe I'm calling you out again - you gave me a good answer last night on twitter but share it here again for your fans please.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics