hit counters

12 May 2010

What You Won't Do for Love

| |

When it comes to relationship blogging, the meat is often in the big issues. Topics like when and with whom to become the up-the-butt-girl, the right way to break up, and how to keep a man have the legs we need to start discussions and grow our audience. But when it comes to relationships, I think the meat is in the small stuff. 

For example, I grew up watching my mother cornrow my father's hair. She cooked for him, even though she hates cooking, because my dad is the kind of man who won't eat if food is not placed in front of him. She also filed his nails, popped his buttons, and cut his toenails.

When I got older and lost my mind became a live-in ungirlfriend, I wanted to do those same things for my un-man. Most of my friends were horrified that I was willing to do these things (especially the popping of the buttons); they have neither the time nor the inclination to "bow down" to their man in these ways. But to me those were the ways in which I told him I cared on a daily basis. I don't know; maybe it's the throwback in me, but I really feel like it's through the little things like this that we show our feelings to our partners. Don't get me wrong, the big stuff is important too. But while I think your stance on the larger issues is reflective of your feelings about your relationship, it's your willingness to clip toenails that shows your feelings about the one you're with.

But what do you guys think? Ladies would you clip your man's toenails to show him you care? Men would you say I love you by stealing maxi-pads for your girl? (random but real example). Do you think it's the little things that say I love you?

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics