hit counters

2 June 2010

First Time Fail

| |

It's that time of year again. Nominations for the Black Weblog Awards have started and I would really like one. So show how much you love me (and I know you do) nominating me. You can get all the details and sh*t over here.

So when we last talked about first time sex, we stopped before it started. You'd met him. You'd charmed him.  Tweeted, texted, and talked. You went on the requisite number of dates. And then the big day came. He came over and ya'll boned.  And it was weak sauce. What now?

A reader recently asked me to give some tips on how to recover from the first-time flop. It was a difficult concept for me to wrap my brain around because I'm a total sex is like pizza girl. So as usual I took it to the internets in the form of a poll. I asked "Can you recover from bad first-time sex? How?" What I got was a whole bunch of "nope"s.

Apparently for everyone I know, a bad first-time slam is a dealbreaker. As one of my twitterpeeps put it, it's like a job interview....if you don't do well you're obviously not suitable for the position. That's it. No second chances, no do-overs. One shot and you're out.

Now I love pipe more than as much as the next girl, but to me this is just crazy talk. You're gonna throw out a perfectly decent man for one bad thronx? Well then give him my number! That's not very smart. So if you're like me and you want to try to overcome a first-time flopshow, here are my 3 tips.

1. Get back on the horse...like, immediately.

This tip comes courtesy of my girl Skye of MetAnotherFrog.com. Rather than each player sitting around stewing over the loss, have a re-match as soon as possible. You'll both have something to prove, some of the first-time awkwardness may have diminished, and you never know what might come.

2. Read the signs

Now this is something you should always be doing; but when you're in recovery mode it might be extra helpful. Watch and listen closely to what your partner says and does; how they respond various stimuli. For example, if a man spanks me playfully outside of the bedroom and he's watching closely, he'll see a look of delight light up my eyes quickly before I laugh and push him away. That's a sign that it would probably be okay in the bedroom. Or tell him stories about things you've "heard" and guage his reaction. Like "oh I was just reading about this really interesting thing called the Cincinatti Bowtie. It's when you...." if he contorts his face in horror then you know to tread lightly when it comes to that kind of stuff. If he starts extolling the virtues of this technique, you know to run for the hills something about him too.


3. If all else fails, talk about it

This scenario presupposes that you and your partner have taken some time before you hopped in the sack, so by now you've probably built up some kind of rapport. You know each other at least a little bit and you should be able to sit down and have a grownup conversation about sex. I have no tips for you as to what to say or when to say it, but this seems like it would work.

What do you guys think? Do you throw back a partner if the first time is a flop? Or are you willing to work at finding a solution? Do you have any tips for overcoming the first time #fail? Educate us all in the comments.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics