hit counters

28 June 2010

Gotta Love a Good Ex

| |

Okay now really - have you nominated me and my blogging buddies for the Black Weblog Awards yet? I hope you have but if you haven't there's still time to redeem yourself...get all the details and sh*t over here.

If you follow me on Twitter, yesterday at about 5:30pm you would have seen me tweet this: "Homeward bound with @superblackgirl". Then at about 12:15am you would have seen this: "Finally [home]!"

Now I'm reasonably sure that all of you are much better at addition than I am and can do the math on this - my sister and I left our parents' house which is two hours away at 5:30pm and I did not reach my home until 12:15am the next day. Why? Car trouble again.  Without boring you with the details, suffice it to say that said car trouble involved us sitting in my sister's disabled car on the side of the highway in a little town called Brant Ontario. After exhausting the list of relatives with cars and free time whom we might beseech to come and save us and drawing back nubs, there was but one solution: call Him.

Him is my ex, and I would have to say he is probably one of the world's greatest exes ever. Him is the ex that I have called at 2 o'clock in the morning to come pick me and my drunk friends up from the club and he has gotten up out of his bed to do it. Him is the ex who was at my house at 6:00am two weekends in a row to help me move. Him is the ex with whom I happily cohabited for two years after our breakup. Him plunges my toilet and fixes my computer for me. If I need something, I call Him and Him almost always comes through. Him is that ex who hangs out with me and my friends and laughs along as I tell stories of effed-up shit he did to me and then willingly admits that he was an asshole when we were together. And Him is the ex that graciously authorized a post celebrating our friendship, despite the fact that I have already used everything that has ever happened between us as fodder for this blog at least twice.

Now despite my tumultuous relationship history, there aren't a lot of dudes that even warrant the term ex. And most of the ones who do are dead to me are not in my life anymore. I don't really believe in being friends with my ex, but somehow this one slipped through the cracks and I'm glad we did because I really do think we are a shining example of the perfect ex-relationship.

If you are lucky to have an ex that you can actually stand to be in the same room with, who does not bring any drama or confusion into your life, with whom you can hang out and talk without him trying to get back into your pants,  thank him. Or her. Because a good ex is a great thing!

So what about you guys? Do you have a great ex or do you have the kind that you would murder if the courts were giving out bad breakup passes? Do you think the quality of the relationship predicts the quality of the ex? Share your stories in the comments.

And don't forget the nominations for the Black Weblog Awards! Easy instructions are right here.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics