hit counters

14 June 2010

The Gentlemanly Thing to Do

| |

It's that time of year again. Nominations for the Black Weblog Awards have started and I would really like one. So show how much you love me (and I know you do) by nominating me. You can get all the details and sh*t over here.


This morning on my walk in to work I was behind a couple with their dog. The man and the dog were standing on the sidewalk while the woman - in a skirt - was on the grass scooping the dog's poop. Then she tied the bag up, he took her hand, and they walked away. Two things struck me as odd about this:

1. He held her hand after she scooped up dogsh*t and I didn't see anyone pulling out the hand sanitizer

2. Isn't it very ungentlemanly to let your woman scoop up the dog poo while you just stand there?

This got me thinking about the state of chivalry today. I'll admit that I have a slightly skewed frame of reference since I live in the rude man capital of the world, but even my beloved men of SBM are slightly less than enamoured of the whole chivalry thing...as they've mentioned here. And here. And here.

Now since I'm late posting today and I love it when things get all intereactive on here, I'm going to throw out some things that I always believed were the gentlemanly thing to do and you guys can tell me whether you agree, if you do them, what happens if your man doesn't do them, etc.

Ready?

1. Pumping the gas...no matter whose car it is or who is driving

2. Paying for dates.

3. Standing when a lady approaches a table or leaves the table

4. Pulling out chairs and helping with coats

5. Offering your seat on the bus, subway, etc. to a lady

6. Calling the day after you bone for the first time.

7. When walking down the street with your lady, staying on the outside(closer to the road) so she is protected from traffic.

8. Providing cab fare after a thronx.

School me as you guys always do.

And don't forget the nominations for the Black Weblog Awards! Easy instructions are right here.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics