hit counters

3 March 2010

Can I have a hug?

| |

A single woman has the one thing everyone in the world should value - freedom. You do what you want, when you want, if you want, and you never have to consider anyone's feelings but your own. If that isn't living, I don't know what is.

Now if you're a smart single woman, you've structured your life in such a way so as to leave no gaps. If you're me the kind of woman who hates plunging the toilet, you have a man on standby to do that. If you're the type that would rather commit suicide than go to a wedding alone, you have a date-in-a-jar ready and willing to accompany you. And of course, any single woman worth her salt has a maintenance man on speed-dial to keep her parts oiled. What more do you need?

The thing is though that no matter how happy we are to be single and no matter how many safeguards we put in place, there's one thing a single gal can't seem to get on tap: a little affection. Try calling your maintenance man and asking him to come over and give you a kiss on the forehead. Or ask your best male friend to come give you a squeeze because you've had a hard day and you'll see what I mean. As much as we single women know we don't need a man to make us happy, the truth we all don't like to acknowledge is that there's nothing more comforting than some good old-fashioned affection from a man.

Maybe other single ladies don't have this problem but affection is my kryptonite. Every once in a while when I feel like life is beating me down, I start to seriously contemplate giving up the glory of single life and finding a relationship. Not because of the double income, or the regular sex (although that has all kinds of appeal) but just for the sheer pleasure of having someone around who I can force to rub my head when it hurts or play with my hair while we watch TV. Then I remember that men stop doing that shit after they hit it the first time. And just like that, all's right in my world again.

Am I alone on this one? What do you guys feel you're missing out on in being single?

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics