hit counters

11 August 2010

5 Things I'm Not Doing if I'm Not Wifey

| |

Don't forget to vote for me and your other favourite blogs for the Black Weblog Awards. All the details are right here

So yesterday I was over on Until I Get Married reading Five Things We’re Not Doing Since We’re Not Having Sex. His list was pretty interesting (he's not kissing if you're not giving up the nani, can you imagine?) and it got me thinking about withholding in relationships.

Like just about every woman in the world, I have had the misfortune to be involved with a man who didn't want a relationship but had no problem participating in relationship-y behaviour, especially if it benefited him. Ladies in this situation will more often than not shower their un-boyfriend with love, affection, pussy, accommodation, and whatever else she feels like in the futile hope that when he decides he wants to be in a relationship, she will be the chosen one. This is a bad bad bad idea but that's another post for another day.

If you find yourself in a situation where you want to be wifey but you're not there yet for whatever reason, the smart thing to do is to remove yourself. However, if you choose to stay, please believe you should not be giving up all your worldly goods to that dude. Now you guys should know me well enough to know that I would never advise you to withhold sex (why deprive anyone the singular joy of carnal relations), but if wifey status is what you're aiming for and you're not there yet, these are the moves you should not be making:

1. No Gifts

You can buy me gifts if you want, but I will not be returning the favour. Call me a throwback, but there's a limit to how much money I'm willing to spend on a man who I cannot call my own...going dutch on dinner at Swiss Chalet is about it.

2. No sleepovers

You guys know how I feel about sleepovers. I hate them. I'm not subjecting my hair to the evil that is a cotton pillowcase for a dude who doesn't want to claim me.

3. No merging of the circles

If I'm not wifey, I do not need to meet your friends or your family. Nor do you need to meet mine. It's this kind of blurring of the lines that makes women go crazy confuses things. When we make things official we can merge circles but in the meantime let's retreat to neutral corners, shall we?

4. No cooking, cleaning, or laundry

There are only two reasons a woman should be cooking or doing housework for a man: she's wifey or she's an employee. So unless you want to put me on your payroll, you can fix your own sandwich.

5. No anal, no tossed salad...and no coochie shots

Unless these acts are part of your normal, everyday, even casual hookups can get it sexual behaviour, you should not be giving up these goods. Ultra VIP acts are for ultra VIP status and if you're not wifey, he's not VIP.

6. No condom purchases

I'm sure this one only makes sense to me, but I refuse to buy condoms if I'm not on wifey status. It's strictly bring your own prophylactics at casa maxfab and if you don't you're outta luck.

That's my list anyway, but what say you? Are there any acts that you withhold while you're waiting to achieve wifey status? Or do you believe that giving him all the goods will put you on the accelerated path? Is their a comparable list for men looking to wife a woman? Speak on it in the comments.

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics