hit counters

5 August 2010

Ten Songs I Hate and You Love

| |

First things first: have you voted for me and my buddies yet??

Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I am a contrary person. I don’t like to like the things that everyone likes. It’s a point of pride to me that I’ve never seen Friday, I refuse to watch Glee and True Blood because everyone loves them, and after all the talk about it, I will never watch the video for Best I Ever Had. In fact I’m so contrary that I’m considering giving up my shoe whore status for no better reason than the fact that every chick on the block loves shoes these days.

But in no area of my life am I more contrary than my taste in music. The bigger something gets, the more I run from it. I grudgingly broke down and listened to my first Lil Wayne song last summer and I have no intention of knowing what a Wacka Flocka, Plies, or P.Reign is.  Granted, I pretty much live in a bubble as far as my taste in music is concerned, but there’s nothing that will make me run from a song more than the fact that everyone loves it.

So without further ado, I give you 10 songs I effing hate that you (probably) love.

1. Real Love – Mary J. Blige

This song is soooo played out I literally cannot stand hearing it anymore. There is no less imaginative a song for a DJ to drop in the party than this. Any time I’m out and I hear it I have to throw two middle fingers at the DJ. It was dope at the time but there are a lot of dope Mary tracks…please pick something else. And yes, my ire extends to the remix.

2. Juicy – Notorious B.I.G.

Like everyone else I loved this song when it first came out but now I cannot believe people have the nerve to get themselves all amplified when they hear this in a party. Like – for real? You’re not over it? You haven’t spent enough of your life bawling out “Birthdays were the worst days/Now we sip champagne when we thirst-tay”? This is still exciting for you?

3. Hey Ya – OutKast

Unlike the previous two, I hated this song from the moment I first heard it.  And this is partly because I love old OutKast so much that it hurts my feelings that the people who made Spottieottiedopalicious also made this crap. Honestly this song makes me stabby. Like I really, really want to hurt someone when I hear it.

4. Step in the Name of Love – R. Kelly

I hate this song for itself but I hate it even more because someone always wants to grab my hand and start stepping with me when they hear it. Negro this is not Love Jones and you are not Darius. Let go of my hand and leave me be. I also hate the other one that always comes after it.

5. Just One of Those Days – Monica

Any day that I have to hear this song is “just one of those days “ for me. Haaaate it.

5. Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson

I know I’ll get some kind of pass revoked for stating publicly that I hate a Michael Jackson song, but so be it.  I do not like this song. Never have. And I’m about sick of Michael Jackson in general so there are many more that could be added to this list.

6. In Da Club – 50 Cent

This song is so horrible I couldn’t even come up with a blurb to write about it. I had to get my sister on the case. She says “this is one of those songs you should be ashamed to admit you ever liked”. I really couldn’t say it any better than that.

7. Love Like This – Faith

This song is like an assault to my ear drums. I dislike it so much it gives me panic attacks. I cannot stand it.

Sidebar: I also hate that horrible party mix that people always play that has this in it. You know the one? After the Love Like This part it goes “You got a hundred dollar bill put your hands up/You got a fifty dollar bill make noise!” When that comes on I start looking for a sharp object; not to stab myself but to cut the DJ for failing at life.

10. Move B*tch – Ludacris

Hate this song. Hate the obnoxious effect it has on men in the party who think it’s okay to shove people out of the way just because this dumb-ass song is making them hyper.

11. Get Low – Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz

Ugh. Just – ugh. I’m mad I’ve ever even heard this song.

Bonus: Gangster’s Paradise – Coolio

Technically this song shouldn’t even be on this list because I don’t think anyone likes it and if you do get off my blog and never come back, but I hate it so much I felt I had to mention it. I hate it so much I refused to watch the movie that shares its title just out of spite.

Anyone out there hate these songs as much as I do? Do you love them? What’s on your list of most hated by you/loved by everyone songs?

Twitter Button from twitbuttons.com
Alltop, confirmation that I kick ass

Followers

about moi

My photo
bag lady. digital nerd. beauty junkie. shoe whore. i'm a sucker for big words and box-fresh kicks. know a little bit about a lot of things and have something to say about everything.
Visit MyAlltop Page
Blog directory
Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites
Clicky Web Analytics